Light Mechanical Repairs
At Tyrepower Perth City we’re so much more than a tyre shop. You should never underestimate the role of brakes in your safety behind the wheel, which is why good maintenance and regular check ups are vital.
Why are brakes so important? The brakes are the most essential part in ensuring car safety. Despite all recent technological advancements, we still need to rely on our brakes to swiftly respond to today’s hectic traffic conditions. However, no less than 25% of cars have malfunctioning brakes.
How often should I have my brakes checked? That depends on your driving style and the number of kilometres you drive. If you drive a lot of short distances or have an automatic gearbox more regular check-ups are required. Ask us here at Tyrepower Perth City for your tailored advice.
However, keep in mind you need to have your brakes checked at least once a year (or on average every 20,000 kilometres). Especially the parts that are subject to wear should be checked on a regular basis: the brake pads, discs and drums. Brake fluids have to be checked every two years as they absorb water from the air with time.
It is recommended you have your brakes checked on a regular basis, at least once a year. However, immediately book an appointment at Tyrepower Perth City in the following cases:
- if the steering wheel vibrates when you brake,
- if the brake pedal reacts differently (harder or softer),
- if the brakes don’t respond immediately or you need more distance to come to a full stop,
- if the brakes and/or ABS signals are lit on your dashboard (please consult your car manual to see what these signals look like).
- Our mechanics are qualified to replace the brakes on all makes of vehicle.
If you’re in Perth, or travelling through our part of the world, and looking for any light mechanical repairs, give us a call on (08) 9322 2214 or drop by 35-37 Troode Street, Perth.